MSA Professional Services provided the engineering for this projoect. Pitlick and Wick was the prime contractor. While weather caused some construction and schedule challenges, the end product is fantastic. The project will be finalized in the spring; when a rubberized sealcoat emulsion will be applied to the tie-down areas and paint for the taxiway and parking stripes will be applied
Some key design features of the ramp project include:
- Grading of the surface area for improved drainage and water sheeting.
- Heavy aircraft parking areas – 60 x 180 concrete pad for long-term parking.
- 60 x 60 concrete pad near the terminal for short-term passenger disembarking and loading.
- 60 x 60 concrete pad for fueler parking.
- Addition of 5 parking spaces for light aircraft.